• Welcome to African Grey's vibrant community - Forum ! We just started this journey, our aim is to build a friendly community for pet lovers.
    Our goal is to foster a warm and welcoming community where you can connect with like-minded individuals, share your experiences, and learn from one another.
    Don't miss out on the fun! Sign up now and join us in celebrating the love and joy our pets bring into our lives.
  • Welcome, this forum isn't exclusively for African Grey Parrots. While this is my primary focus due to personal experience—I had an African Grey Parrot who I sadly lost—in his memory, I launched this website. So, whether you have any type of bird or parrot, you're welcome here. Everyone is encouraged to read, write, and share knowledge with other forum members.

African Grey Parrot Training!

TiktokParrot

Administrator
Staff member
Each parrot has the ability to be an awesome, adorable partner. Sadly, parrot training doesn't generally come easy. African greys have a propensity for turning out to be extremely aggressive and sensitive birds, so it is vital to prepare them accurately right from the beginning. African greys can be incredible companions. They are loving, attractive and they can me be more caring.

On the other hand, if not appropriately trained, they can be exceptionally frightened, therefore, it is exceedingly suggested that you train your grey effectively. Whether your African grey is new to your home or you've had him for quite a long time, training will dependably prove to be useful. Baby greys learning skills are similar to that of human children. They learn by direction and practice. Acquaint your grey with another toy by playing with it first. Fiddle with it and smile at it.

When your grey gets to be attracted, given it a chance to beak the toy, then get it back. The more possessive you act about the toy, the more attracted your grey will get to be. Proceed with this procedure until the parrot is playing with the toy. It may take days or weeks; however, in the event that you work at your grey pace, you will have an upbeat, fun loving partner.

Generally speaking, greys incline toward toys they can destroy, for example, cardboard or paper; rope or chewable wood; and acrylic toys or plastic. They want to bite, shred, loose bunches and destroy things.

Buy fittingly estimated toys and check them every day to verify they are not harmful. Grays are most known for their talking capacity. The more they experience the presence of human the more subjectively and properly they figure out how to talk. Therefore, it is advisable that they live in the family room, rather than a separate room, where they are housed far from human activities.

It is important to teach your parrot how to interact, utilize the same general expressions with them. For example, Use words like "Need apple,". It is additionally vital to use words in a wide range of settings, in distinctive sentences.

For example, "You're eating some red apple. Ummmm great! Do you need another red apple? More red apple?" African greys study people, directly down to everything they do. They learn what works and they will rehash the action, for the reason being that it caught their attention.

Try not to drive your parrot to do something or pursue it. One of the greatest reasons for fear in greys is the point at which people drive them to something. They get to be frightened and they see the person as a predator.

If you find this thread/post informative, feel free to share it with your family or friends as it might be helpful to them.

Click here to read more informative articles about African Grey Parrots!

Stay safe!
Cheers!​

Back