• Welcome to African Grey's vibrant community - Forum ! We just started this journey, our aim is to build a friendly community for pet lovers.
    Our goal is to foster a warm and welcoming community where you can connect with like-minded individuals, share your experiences, and learn from one another.
    Don't miss out on the fun! Sign up now and join us in celebrating the love and joy our pets bring into our lives.
  • Welcome, this forum isn't exclusively for African Grey Parrots. While this is my primary focus due to personal experience—I had an African Grey Parrot who I sadly lost—in his memory, I launched this website. So, whether you have any type of bird or parrot, you're welcome here. Everyone is encouraged to read, write, and share knowledge with other forum members.

How noisy are alexandrine parrots?

TiktokParrot

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone!
Welcome to TiktokParrot forum!

If you are thinking about getting an Alexandrine parrot as a pet, but you are a little concerned about the noise level and want to know how noisy Alexandrine parrots are? So this thread is for you, we will cover that topic and also other alexandrine pet owners are welcome to leave their feedback in the comments below.

Alexandrine parrots, like many other parrot species, have the potential to be noisy pets. They are known for their loud vocalizations, which can include squawking, chirping, and mimicking various sounds. However, the noise level can vary from bird to bird and depends on factors such as individual personality, environment, and level of socialization.

In general, Alexandrine parrots are considered moderate to loud in terms of noise level. They are capable of producing loud calls, especially during certain times of the day, such as dawn and dusk. Additionally, they may vocalize more when they are excited, bored, or seeking attention.

While Alexandrine parrots can be noisy, proper training, socialization, and environmental enrichment can help mitigate excessive vocalizations. Providing mental stimulation, toys, and opportunities for exercise can help keep them occupied and reduce boredom-related noise. Additionally, reinforcing desirable behaviors through positive reinforcement training techniques can help shape their vocalizations and encourage quieter behavior.

It's essential for potential Alexandrine parrot owners to consider their tolerance for noise and their ability to provide appropriate care and attention to meet the bird's needs. With proper training and care, Alexandrine parrots can make delightful and rewarding companions.

If you have an Alexandrine parrot or know someone who does, I'd love to hear about your firsthand experiences. Do they have a tendency to be loud and vocal, or are they relatively quiet compared to other parrot species?

Also, are there any tips or strategies for managing their noise levels and ensuring that they don't disturb neighbors or household members? Share them here with the community so that new Alexandrine owners make sure that they are prepared for what to expect before bringing an Alexandrine parrot into home.

Thanks in advance for your insights – I'm looking forward to hearing from you all!

If you find this thread/post informative, feel free to share it with your family or friends as it might be helpful to them.

Stay safe!
Cheers!​

Back